Hello All: from Curt Godsey
Our March meeting is coming up on the 19th at 7:00 pm at Winfield’s (see attached and below for map and address). This month our president Robert Ray will be hosting a magic class at no charge to the club. He will be presenting magic that you can use!!!! No knuckle busting hard to do material! You will walk away with something you can perform right away. We will start early with the class beginning at 6:00pm. Please feel free to invite anyone, member or non-member, as this will be open to all… We are planning on having this class on a regular basis to invite anyone with an interest in magic and get them involved in this great form of entertainment!!!
Here are a some upcoming events to start thinking about (thank you to David Goldberg for arranging the lectures):
· Mike Fisher Magic show at Winfield’s (not affiliated with clubs) = March 29th He was AWESOME when he was here last time and the house was packed! See attached promo and check him out on Facebook….
· Olmac lecture = April 11th (with location and time to be confirmed) = Look him up on youtube, he’ll also be at the Magic Castle and in Las Vegas. See the attached brochure….
· Scott Alexander = May 8th (with location and time to be confirmed) = Needs no introduction, just be there!!!!
· Some members have expressed an interest in an “Open Mic” night at Winfield’s so we are working on that, more info soon, but let me know if you might be interested (still working on this one).
· Lot’s of great acts at the Magic Castle in March (did I mention John Guastaferro? I personally cannot wait until the 24th!)
· If you haven’t paid your 2019 dues, you can contact our treasurer Bruce using the information below.
· Ring #55 nominations and elections are coming up in April, so be thinking about who you would like as your board members and make your voice heard.
· The Bernardo Sedlacek Lecture (SAM) last night was outstanding! Did anyone get his e-mail address? I would like to contact him….
· Check the IBM website at www.magician.org for the upcoming IBM Convention schedule