Wow, what a Convention!! It was great seeing so many of you there and meeting some of you for the first time. Our regularly scheduled meeting is this Tuesday the 16th at 7:00 pm. Come early if you would like to get a beverage or light meal before the meeting. I know I took a lot of pictures and if any of you want to put together a slide show of your pictures, I’ll bring my laptop and we can put it up on the big screen. If you wouldn’t mind bring your pictures on a flash drive and we can share them with each other. If you purchased something at the convention and would like to demo it for the group, that would be great too. We can also talk about our favorite moments and memories from the convention.
Here are some future events to put on your calendar:
· Christian Engblom = tentative dates around October 16-20, See attached Flyer. He’s “The biggest member of the Fat Brothers” along with Dani DaOrtiz and Miguel Angel Gea from the Spanish School of magic. Sounds Great! Here he is on “Fool Us” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CJ2xkEJUuQ (combined lecture with SAM)
· Bill Wisch = November 20th, also see attached Flyer. I personally look forward to attending this one as Bill is a protégé of Slydini and is authorized in writing by Slydini to present his magic. Here’s a link to part one of his Castle Acthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeDTnHGWEcU and Lecture Announcement https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKeOYyqac4g(combined lecture with SAM)
· Nathan Coe Marsh = lecture and show tentatively 9-24 & 25. We are planning this to be a show the 24th and a lecture/workshop on the 25th. Further details to follow, but put this on your calendar. (combined lecture with SAM)
· The Annual Magic Auction will be Saturday October 12 at the same campus as Winfield’s but with a larger space (In bldg C1 “Curry Hall”) We are planning a stage show along with the auction so put this on your calendar and let us know if you are interested in performing.
· Ring #55 Holiday Banquet will be the first Saturday in December (12/7), further details to follow.
Just to let you know, we have full access to an actual traditional stage with curtains, lighting and sound on the same campus as Winfield’s at minimal (if any) cost in Curry Hall . We can do virtually any type of show, and I really look forward to reviving live performance in this room.
More to come…..